When the announcement came to lockdown the country on March 23rd last year, no one thought we would still have been in a similar situation 9 months later. But, on 4th January 2021 the Prime Minister put the country back into full lockdown. Here at CODE we used this opportunity to adapt our social event calendar and make sure students on site still had the best experience possible, even with restrictions in place.
Over the first 3 months of the year we have continued to offer great events, these were all about boosting mental health and wellbeing and well as giving little treats whilst remaining Covid-safe.
We offered a variety of events that covered a wide student base, there was simply something for everyone.
Take a look back over the best bits from the last three months:
- Support groups and individual 121 sessions, tailored around specific topics – a great way to get help and support.
- Grab n go – giving out different freebies each week, varying from popcorn to little moons, revision supplies to smoothies. We even offered free fruit & veg!
- Mother’s Day giveaway – 15 bunches of flowers given away for tenant’s mothers.
- Room with a view/ Showcase my place photo competition – with a prize worth over £250
- Easter Egg hunt – solving the riddles to find the chocolate eggs
- Burns night & Chinese New Year goody bags – filled with traditional goodies
- Fitness classes – Online and accessible on demand with great classes such as Yoga, HIIT, Boxercise and Zumba.
- Boohoo Hoodie giveaway – A free hoodie for following CODE on snapchat
- Quiz night – Putting knowledge to the test once a month
- Online Meditation classes – specifically designed for students of CODE
As lockdown continues to ease and life is slowly returning to normal, we will continue to adapt to bring you exciting and fun weekly social events.
Delivering great experiences is what we do!