Preparations are underway for the CODE Mental Health & Wellbeing Event to fully support the University Mental Health Day on the 1st March in collaboration with Students Minds the UK’s student mental health charity dedicated to develop new and innovative ways to improve the mental health of students.
With 1000 students in the CODE Community it is imperative that a positive mental health network is built to:
• Improve students awareness of support available
• Promote a sense of belonging
• Raise awareness of the specific challenges students face
• Understand the role the environment and community can play
With these important challenges to meet CODE have organised a positive collaborative event to enable students to participate in a range of activities and experiences to ensure staff and students are aware of the support networks available whilst at the same time enjoy complimentary free food and nutritious drinks.
On the day there will be a range of activities including a Mini Farm, Fun Inflatables, an assortment of entertaining DMU Societies to key Health & Wellbeing professionals and a range of resources on offer from Self-Help guides to signposting for more individual counselling.
CODE would like to thank the following in advance for their support on the day:
• Andrew and personal trainers at PT7 for their range of Fitness Classes
• Amanda Gale for the massage sessions and relaxation techniques
• Pete at Taurus for providing a wide range of healthy supplements
• The Team at Rent-A-Bike
• Representatives of the Neighbourhood Police Team
• The fantastic DMU Societies
o Psychology Society
o Student Choir
o Bloggers Society
o Cocktail Society
o Bollywood Society
And we would encourage every member of our CODE community to come along on Thursday 1st March between 1pm and 5pm